Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Pioneer Day!

Happy Pioneer Day!   Today we celebrate the lives of those who sacrificed so much to make a better life for those they love and pave the way for many generations.  We commemorate the Latter-day Saint pioneers who forged across the unknown with hardly any possession but the fire of faith in their heart and hope of a bright future. 

I love this time of year because my thoughts are turned to learning about the amazing lives of my ancestors.  Their life stories are fascinating.   There is a lot to be learned about the lives they lived and it’s wonderful to find bits of information about their life here and there.  I am not sure how I stumbled across this website    http://www.ellisisland.org/ but I was able to find the day one of my great-grandmother and her family arrived in the United States and what ship she came on. This web site brought to life some of her some of her experiences.  I was able to learn about the ship that she traveled on and I found this painted picture of the ship.


I am so grateful for the faith of the loved ones who lived what they believed and were and example of goodness.  They helped make it possible for me to have the gospel in my life today.  There are modern day pioneers that continue to pave the way for the future of their loved ones.  With faith in the healing power our Savior they strive to live what they believe especially when faced with trials, conflicts, and hardships.

3 comments:

Cindy Anderson said...

Well said. Happy belated pioneer day! ;)

Lisa & Joel said...

Hi! I ran into your blog through Lea's blog! :) Now I can keep up with you. Great post about the pioneers. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

CheerToYou said...

So exited to see you online too, Lisa! Thanks for the comment Cindy!